View Full Version : Aren't Hurricanes fun, NOT!

Cleo
09-21-2004, 02:21 PM
I live about 3 miles southeast of Angel. I guess the fact that I'm even closer to the beach my neighborhood got a lot more damage then Angel's did.

Getting a tree out of your roof turns out to be an expensive job that is costing me 5k. They will be here Thursday with a crane to remove it and trim back a few of the other trees as well.

It went through my bedroom's roof so next will come the roofers and then it's time to redo my bedroom. Actually I'm redoing my kitchen and another bathroom too so I'm going to be living in a construction zone for awhile.

Hmmm, Angel tea***g construction workers at my house. I think I'm getting some photo ideas. :D

Pics of my mess if anyone feels like seeing it.
http://cleoslinks.com/crap/tree-detail/

FoxyAngel
09-22-2004, 03:16 AM
hey Girl. its about time you get that tree removed from your roof. It has to suck. think of how nice its going to be when you rebuild.

I could come supervise in my tool girl outfit. do you think I would distract the workers? Id hate for them not to get anything done. I like the way you think. it sounds like a photo shoot to me. maybe ill get to bend one of those workers over and use my tool on them for your camera. Poor workers boys havent even started the job and Im already thinking of cracking their cans. :Devil:

Angel

Michael
09-29-2004, 10:21 AM
I just saw those pictures now of the tree and your roof... damn. Good thing no one got hurt. How did the tree removal go?

Good luck with getting everything fixed... damn hurricanes! lol.

Cleo
09-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Tree is gone.
http://cleoslinks.com/crap/tree-remove/
http://cleoslinks.com/crap/before-and-after.html

New roof gets started on Thursday.

Fence people are coming by today to give me a price and tell me when they can start.

Should be able to start on remodeling the inside of my house as soon as I have a roof that doesn't have a big hole in it.

Michael
09-29-2004, 11:35 AM
That before and after picture was crazy. I'm glad the tree is gone and now you can start to get things rolling again. Its still amazing that you have a big hole in your roof!

I know what your going through though... I live in a building, and the person above me left the water running in the tub and left for the day, so you can imagine what happened! The whole bathroom ceiing was leaking big time, water everywhere, and then the whole bathroom ceiling collapsed. I was standing in between the door for the bathroom when it fell. Was totally crazy. Its a good thing I got home when I did, cause if I got home later, who knows what else might have happened.

Cleo
09-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Ouch :banghead:

Yeah all it takes is one idiot neighbor to ruin your whole day.

Roofers showed up early and are loading supplies onto my roof as I speak. I'm doing the clay s tile in a 25/25/25/25 color mix.

Michael
09-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah, you're telling me!! lol. After the whole thing happened, I went up to him that night and he said that his place was a bomb, etc... and that he also had a hole. He wouldnt do anything at all to help! But atleast the building management was able to pay for the damages, and hooked me up with a hotel room for a few days :) On a side note, that stupid person who left his water running is no longer living in my building :D :D :D

Good to hear they are atleast starting on the roof :) In no time, you'll have a roof back and things can get back to normal so to speak. its just one big hassle when things like that happen :(

Cleo
09-29-2004, 12:16 PM
I just look at it as this is natures way of telling me that it is time to remodel.

It is my bedroom and bath that was destroyed so that will be the first to be redone. I'm sleeping in the guest room right now.

After my bedroom and bathroom is done then I'm redoing both the other bathrooms and my kitchen and also doing tile in every room. :)

Guess I will be living in a construction zone for the next four months or so but it will be really nice once it is done.

I still have no idea how much I'm getting from my two insurances but one of them have already been out here and the other will be soon. Taking lots and lots of pics and saving all my receipts.

Michael
09-29-2004, 01:10 PM
:) Thats a good, optimistic way to look at it. Yeah, it will def. be worth all the hassle once everything is finished. Dont laugh, but I like watching the home building shows, like Bob Vila hehe.

Definately take as many pics as you can, and keep every receipt you get! I did that, and let me tell you... that was the best thing I could have done under the circumstances. As long as you have the receipts, you'll be safe :)