View Full Version : Red X on message board

wes69
07-23-2004, 03:28 PM
***ce your last message board changes I now get a red X on all the buttons - I expect this is in part due to me u***g Norton as a firewall and I believe Iknow how to fix it but is there anything obvious that you have changed that could have caused this -
The rest of the site is ok

Cleo
07-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Your firewall is blocking referral information and Angel's server now has anti-hotlinking protection to prevent bandwidth theft.

Basically what your firewall is doing is preventing the mod_rewrite htaccess from being able to know that it is Angel's domians and not someone else's domain requesting the images so it prevents them from being served.

This is pretty standard in web design so I would expect the same thing to happen to you at any site that has anti-hotlinking protection.

No harm can come to you from allowing referral information so you may want to adjust your settings. The same is true of cookies.

wes69
07-23-2004, 04:03 PM
I thought it would be something like that.
Thanks

Cleo
07-23-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm actually surprised that only the board is affected. It must have something to do with the fact that the board, unlike her other pages, is dynamic with the pages being produced by scripts.

<rant>
I hate Norton firewall ***ce it also blocks cookies which results in sales not being tracked properly and as a result commissions are not properly credited. :(
</rant>